Please review entire application before getting started. Submit your online application and supporting documents by March 15, 2019. Click on your preferred language version to begin application process.
For questions regarding application, please contact Scholarship Coordinator, Selena "LVNA" Hernandez at email@example.com.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: March 15, 2019
Applications are now OPEN. Thank you for your interest!
Follow this link for the application https://tinyurl.com/mape2019
THE EMPOWERMENT OF WOMEN IS CRITICAL TO THE PROGRESS OF SOCIETY. WHEN A WOMAN SUCCEEDS, IT IS A VICTORY FOR OUR ENTIRE COMMUNITY. WE ARE HONORED TO CONTRIBUTE TO THE PROGRESS OF THESE WOMEN'S LIVES BECAUSE WE UNDERSTAND THE IMPACT THIS INVESTMENT WILL MAKE IN OUR COMMUNITIES.
Application Process & Requirements
In promoting our organization's goal of Academic Excellence, Phi Alpha Alumnae Chapter has created an academic scholarship to help minimize the cost of school so that the academic goal of young women can become a reality. By providing financial assistance of two for continuing college students, we hope that recipients, and all applicants alike, continue in their pursuit of professional growth, and serve as role models for the advancement among all women.
MUJERES AVANZANDO POR EDUCACIÓN SCHOLARSHIP
This academic scholarship was established in 2009 to help minimize the risings costs of higher education and we continue to develop our resources and further our mission. This year we increased our fund by 40% thanks to the support of Phi Alpha Swans and over 150 sisters, family, friends, colleagues, peers and others who donated to our cause or attended a fundraising event to fuel our philanthropic mission.
With the recognition of these most recent awardees, our historical total has increased to nearly $10,750 in scholarship awards to 16 praiseworthy, aspiring women.
In order to be considered for the Mujeres Avanzando por Educación Scholarship, applicants must meet all of the following requirements:
1. Current member of Gamma Phi Omega International Sorority, Inc.
2. A member in good standing with sorority, national and chapter requirements
3. Recipients must be working toward an undergraduate degree during the 2019-2020 academic year
4. Member must be enrolled full-time at a four-year university or two-year accredited college for Fall of 2019
1. A completed online application.
2. An essay (maximum 250 words, double spaced), as described
3. Official College Transcript with G.P.A.
4. Two Letters of Recommendation: Applicant must submit one letter from individuals who have known them in a professional setting, e.g. counselor, employer, pastor/priest, professor, academic advisor, coach, etc. and one letter from current chapter Mentor or Executive Board member, e.g. president, vice president, secretary, or treasurer.
5. Resume: Applicants must submit a one-page resume of their work experience, academic accomplishments, and other relevant activities.
6. Award Letter (if applicable)
*** PLEASE NOTE ***
Finalists will be selected in April 2019 and invited for an interview during the month of April. If you are invited for an interview, you must submit a “Student Release of Information Form” from your school.
Scholarship winners will be acknowledged at Phi Alpha Alumnae Chapter's Scholarship Luncheon, as well as other Gamma Phi Omega sponsored events and media outlets.