Please review entire application before getting started. Submit your online application and supporting documents by July 31, 2022.
For questions regarding application, please contact Scholarship Coordinator, María Cristina "Yamarí" Ulloa at firstname.lastname@example.org.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: July 31, 2022
Applications are now OPEN. Thank you for your interest!
THE EMPOWERMENT OF WOMEN IS CRITICAL TO THE PROGRESS OF SOCIETY. WHEN A WOMAN SUCCEEDS, IT IS A VICTORY FOR OUR ENTIRE COMMUNITY. WE ARE HONORED TO CONTRIBUTE TO THE PROGRESS OF THESE WOMEN'S LIVES BECAUSE WE UNDERSTAND THE IMPACT THIS INVESTMENT WILL MAKE IN OUR COMMUNITIES.
Application Process & Requirements
2022 Scholarship Application
In promoting our organization's goal of Academic Excellence, Phi Alpha Alumnae Chapter has created an academic scholarship to help minimize the cost of school so that the academic goal of young women can become a reality. By providing financial assistance of two for continuing college students, we hope that recipients, and all applicants alike, continue in their pursuit of professional growth, and serve as role models for the advancement among all women.
MUJERES AVANZANDO POR EDUCACIÓN SCHOLARSHIP
In order to be considered for the Mujeres Avanzando por Educación Scholarship, applicants must meet all of the following requirements:
Note: U.S. Citizenship or Permanent Residency NOT required
Full time student @ four-year or two-year accredited college
1. A completed online application
2. An essay (minimum 250 words but ONE page max, double spaced)
3. Official High School or College Transcript with G.P.A.
4. A form of documentation proving enrollment at a college/university:
a.) Information must include
ii. Student ID #
iii. Currently enrolled courses
5. Two Letters of Recommendation: Applicant must submit two letters from individuals who have known them in a professional setting, e.g. counselor, employer, pastor/priest, professor, academic advisor, coach, etc. (PDF Format)
6. Resume: Applicants must submit a one-page resume of their work experience, academic accomplishments, volunteer experience and other relevant activities.
**Note, if there are issues uploading documents, please email them to email@example.com at the time of the online application submission. Upload a blank PDF or Doc(x) to fulfill submission requirement. **
Scholarship winners will be acknowledged at Phi Alpha Alumnae Chapter's Scholarship Luncheon, as well as other Gamma Phi Omega sponsored events and media outlets.